My personal preference is Sage and my own businesses use this software, but the answer really depends on your business needs.
To help you choose the best package for your business, here is an insight to our thinking:
- The size of your business. Micro, Small, Large, Corporate all have different needs.
- Your budget to purchase the software etc
- The needs of your business and requirement to integrate with other software or systems.
- The industry you're in and if any specialist software would help.
- What features and reporting information do you need as a minimum. Make a 'desirable' list before you research.
- How good are the support and training options.
- Ease of use.
- Any recommendations. From other business owners, professionals, press....
- What software does your accountant support? Using a program they don't support could cost you more in the long run.
- And finally, please don't just listen to the sales messages. Try and test the software.