Tuesday, 27 January 2015
Thursday, 8 January 2015
During 2014, I continued to enjoy my role supporting entrepreneurs working as professional service providers which last year primarily included the bookkeeping profession and the safety sector. From my experience over the last year, I have selected 12 tips that I feel are key to entrepreneurial success and I hope will be thought provoking for your focus going forward.
You can read the full post and additional comments in my LinkedIn Pulse article by clicking here https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/12-tips-from-2014-entrepreneurial-success-mike-foster
Tuesday, 6 January 2015
So what are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for your start up idea?
We have included a template on our web site www.startyourownbusinessdvd.co.uk to help you consider your personal SWOT analysis. The tips to consider are:
· What advantages do you have or what do you do better than anyone else?
· What do people in your market see as your strengths?
· What factors mean that you "get the sale"?
· What could you improve?
· Are there areas you should avoid?
· What are people in your market likely to see as weaknesses?
· What factors lose you sales?
· Where are good opportunities for you?
· What are the interesting trends you can maximise?
· What obstacles do you face?
· What is your competition doing that you should be worried about?
· Is changing technology threatening your position?
· Are political or environmental decisions likely to impact your business
· Could any of your weaknesses seriously threaten your business?
Once you have completed the SWOT analysis, then you should consider how this knowledge can be used:
1. How can we Use each Strength?
2. How can we Stop each Weakness?
3. How can we Exploit each
4. How can we Defend against each Threat?